The Gulf Scholars Program
|I want to join the Gulf Scholars Program||I'm a current Gulf Scholar and I'm ready for Gulf Impact Funding|
|Apply Here||Coming Soon|
The Gulf Scholars program (GSP) prepares undergraduate students as the next generation to address critical challenges in the region related to the focus areas of the Gulf Research Program – community health and resilience, environmental protection and stewardship, and offshore energy safety. The GSP supports the following learning outcomes:
1. Knowledge of the Gulf Region: Knowledge of the region's human cultures and physical and natural worlds.
2. Multidisciplinary and integrative learning. Ability to connect knowledge from multiple disciplines, over time, built across college, community and life experiences.
3. Intercultural knowledge and competencies. Skills and characteristics that support effective and appropriate interaction in a variety of cultural contexts.
4. Social responsibility and ethical reasoning. In promoting the quality of civic life, equity, and sustainability of Gulf communities.
5. Innovation and entrepreneurialism. Ability to develop and implement innovative solutions and responses to major Gulf challenges.
6. Gulf Impact Project. A mentored research/creative project, focused on one or more of the core areas of the GRP.